With the days getting shorter and a chill in the air, it’s time to get ready for one of the best holidays of the year: Halloween!
It’s a creative person’s wonderland, with limitless potential for crazy costumes, from the cute and cuddly to the downright spooky and scary.
One of the classic ways to get into the Halloween spirit is to cover your face in a mask, or add some plastic appendages to appear older, like a creepy witch from a movie or an elderly man or woman.
But imagine the horror if those wrinkles didn’t just go away overnight?
What if — gasp! — the wrinkles were real?!
Aging is a part of life, but that doesn’t mean it’s reassuring or kind.
Wrinkles are predominantly caused by too much exposure to the sun over the course of a lifetime. We’re most likely to see wrinkles, and their co-conspirator, age spots, on our face, neck and forearms, and they can be more prevalent in people with fairer skin.
The Skin Center at Southgate Medical is here to help.
In addition to a full line of skin care products to make skin appear brighter and more nourished, there are procedures offered at the Skin Center that can help reverse the hands of time and help you feel younger and more beautiful.
- Sublative Rejuvenation is a new advance in the field of aesthetics, using a radio frequency to boost collagen production. Collagen helps skin remain healthy looking and firm, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- The eMatrix radio frequency used for sublative rejuvenation works from the inside out to plump skin. Fine lines, wrinkles, even age spots and acne scars can become less noticeable over the course of treatment.
- PICO Genesis is another option. A laser procedure that combines two highly effective and proven wavelengths in very short bursts, PICO Genesis helps to repair the upper layer of your skin for a brighter appearance. While originally designed for tattoo removal, PICO Genesis can help improve skin tone, reduce dark spots and build collagen, all in a session that lasts about 15 minutes.
- Microdermabrasion is a fancy term for a technique that polishes your skin for a healthy, youthful glow. Not only does it eliminate the uppermost layer of skin, usually dead cells that can deepen wrinkles., but microdermabrasion can also reduce sun damage and make your complexion appear more even. Pore size is also diminished, reducing the risk of blemishes!
- Chemical peels stimulate the growth of newer, healthier skin. A layer of acid is spread across the skin, allowing healthy skin to surface and appear more radiant. Chemical peels can be used to treat aging and damaged skin in addition to fighting fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
- Botox remains a tried-and-true method for temporary relief of wrinkles, especially on the forehead and around the eyes. An injection is used in areas where repeated muscle contractions could lead to the development of wrinkles, gently filling in the skin and making it appear firmer.
Call The Skin Center at Southgate Medical Group today to secure a consultation appointment to determine which procedure is the right step or you. We want to help you look and feel your best, and we’ve got all the latest and best tools to help you look your best foot forward.