All about retinoids
Retinoids are a powerful derivative of vitamin A that helps your skin in so many ways.
Retinoids help to:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Retinoids stimulates the production of collagen, which is a protein that gives the skin its strength and elasticity.
- Treat acne. Retinoids can help to exfoliate the skin and reduce the production of sebum, which is an oily substance that can clog pores and lead to acne.
- Improve skin texture. Retinoids can help to smooth out the skin and reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone.
- Reduce hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of the skin, which can be caused by sun damage, acne, or other factors. Retinoids can help to reduce hyperpigmentation by lightening the skin and evening out the skin tone.
Ready to add retinoids to your skin care routine? Here’s some tips.
- Start with a low concentration of retinoids and gradually increase the concentration as your skin tolerates it.
- Use retinoids at night, as it can make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day, even if you are using retinoids at night.
- Avoid using other harsh exfoliating products in your skin care routine while you are using retinoids.
If you are considering adding retinoids to your skin care routine, it is important to talk to your doctor or a dermatologist first. They can help you determine if retinoids is right for you and recommend a product that is appropriate for your skin type. Schedule a free consultation with us, to see if retinoids are right for you.