3 makeup trends to try this spring
The spring is all about new beginnings, right?
Interestingly, this spring, moving forward and feeling fresh might require us to look backward. That’s because Y2K-era makeup trends are making a comeback, and the styles we remember from the late 90s and early 2000s will be popping up like fresh flowers in March, April, and May.
Here are three makeup trends to try this spring (and how to apply them).
1. Glitter Lip Gloss
Glitter lip gloss is a great way to draw attention to your most kissable asset: your lips. Add a light-catching element to your lipstick, achieve the perfect pout, and explore a variety of shades to create a subtle shimmer or a strong, eye-catching sparkle.
- Choose a glitter lip gloss with a subtle color.
- Avoid overly bold or bright shades.
- Wipe away excess glitter.
- Finish with a light layer of lip balm
2. Muted Pastel Eyeshadow
Muted pastel eyeshadow is the quickest and easiest way to achieve a subtle, natural look. Simple yet chic. Understated yet confident. Feminine yet powerful. Brighten up your eyes and evoke a strong sense of self with these easy-to-apply, low-maintenance eyeshadows.
- Choose a neutral pastel shade, such as:
- Soft pink
- Light peach
- Start with a primer.
- Apply eyeshadow to the entire eyelid.
- Add a thin line of black eyeliner to the top lash line.
- Use a smudging brush to blur the edges.
- Finish off the look with a few coats of mascara.
3. Shimmery Blush
For a subtle yet glamorous touch, consider using a shimmery blush. This will help you contour your cheekbones and frame your face. With its soft yet radiant finish, shimmery blush can help you brighten your complexion and give your skin a natural, healthy-looking glow at the same time.
- Apply a small amount to the apples of your cheeks.
- Lightly blend the blush upward and outward.
- Avoid applying too much blush!
- Dust a bit of shimmery powder over the blush for a subtle sparkle.
Let’s hang out!